Friday, October 16, 2015

sacrificial altar

[i'm such a simple fool, i know,
and you know -
it's hard for me to tell,
to tell when you care  -
i know im not palatable to some,
but believe me,
i don't need an apologist.]

I've been feeling foolish, you see -
it's a sentiment you really should try,
You see, it's in season . And I,
I've got to say, you've never really looked
all that much alive until you slipped in my sheets,
and whispered your name.

Now, hey -
I want to to be honest, Girl,
I'll lie to you.
And if I'm the lover you won't love,
It won't bother me,
but tonight's the tonight,
because

I've been feeling foolish, you see,
and you should try
something at least,
to get a sense of it all
before we're sleeping underground,
whispering your name.

As a matter of fact, I do.
I do.
I do.
I confess, I do.

we'd like to think that we're immune,
but maybe your mind's made up

will we ever make it down the aisle to the altar
where lives are
sacrificed?