Friday, December 19, 2014

wolf. (throoooowback.)

wolf
July 28, 2010 at 7:47pm

was it from crying nights upon nights,
howling at the moon?
stretched out onto forelimbs, taloned fingers scraping ruddy earth
i still cried
though, i tried in all the ways not to perceive the fur
around me, consuming me, and the hunger
the way it quiets when you're nearer
and rages when i'm right with you.
still crying.

or, perhaps it was the moon i missed and
i was just howling for you
for lost quieting glances and strokes across
what used to be my brow
and is now a furled and confused distortion
of dancing, restless eyes and overhanging fur
above glistening fangs, tiny daggers held quietly inside lips
pursed because, after all
still crying.

so when im out again, when i can perhaps
stand the daylight, without you walking me
leash or no
without you by my side,
i'll listen
again
for

who was really crying.







wolf.